Speaking of Dogs Pup-arazzi “Summer Fun”
You are invited to submit a ‘Summer Fun’ themed photograph of a dog or dogs to this competition for a chance to win one of the prizes below.
A panel of 3 judges will select the winning photographs based on composition, clarity, lighting, creativity, and humour.
The entry fee is $10 per photo or $25 for 3 photos submitted. Payment can be made via e-transfer to email@example.com or credit card via the link on the payment details page only. Payment details are at www.speakingofdogs.com/contestpayment.
The contest runs from July 7th, 2019 12:01 EDST to July 29th, 2019 11:59 EDST
1st Prize – 1 hour dog portrait session in the GTA by professional photographer Michelle Scott. The session includes one 13” x 19” Luster print. Plus, the winning photo will be published on the front cover of the 2020 Speaking of Dogs Rescue calendar.
2nd Prize – The runner-up will receive a set of 4 coasters and mouse pad with their photo entry printed on them. Their photo entry will be published on the back cover of the 2020 Speaking of Dogs Rescue calendar. They’ll also receive a Speaking of Dogs prize pack, including one copy of the calendar.
3rd Prize – The second runner-up will receive a mug and mouse pad with their entry photo printed on them. Their photo entry will be featured in a summer month within the 2020 Speaking of Dogs Rescue calendar.** They’ll also receive a copy of the calendar, once available.
Full prize details below.
Photo Contest Rules of Entry
- Your entry must be your own original work (i.e. the photo was taken by you).
- A maximum of 3 photos at once can be entered.
- Photos must be sent in full size and should be no smaller than 1 MB. (If taking the picture with a phone or tablet, do not resize it.)
- A maximum of 3 photos at once can be entered per person.
- Your entry should contain images of dogs or puppies only, with a theme of ‘Summer Fun’.
- More than one dog in the picture is permitted.
- Your photo entry should not include the image of any person or any representation of a person. Any entry that includes any such image, whether intended or otherwise, shall be deemed void and will be excluded from the contest without further notice or correspondence being entered into by Speaking of Dogs.
- Speaking of Dogs does not condone any training or interactions with dogs that involve coercion, fear, discomfort or intimidation; involve “corrections”, physically alpha rolling, pinning, choking, scruff shaking, leash jerking, shocking, or hitting/ pinching/kicking dogs. Any entry where it appears these types of aversive methods are being used will automatically be disqualified.
- Photos with choke chains, prong collars or shock collars will automatically be disqualified.
- No entry will be valid should it be considered as inappropriate or hateful.
- You confirm that you will not submit your entry into any other photographic contest for at least 2 years after the closing date.
- You confirm that your entry has not previously won a prize in any other photographic contest.
- You confirm that your entry does not infringe on the rights of any other person.
- If your entry is one of the 3 winning photographs, you agree to grant Speaking of Dogs Rescue a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish and exhibit your photo entry in the Speaking of Dogs 2020 Calendar, on the Speaking of Dogs website, and other media such as our online newsletter and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- With regret, it will not be possible to return your photo entry once submitted.
- Speaking of Dogs will appoint an impartial panel of judges to select the 3 winning photographs. The decision of the judges will be final.
- Each photo will be judged based on composition, clarity, lighting, creativity, and humour.
- First prize is a 1 hour dog portrait session in the GTA provided by Michelle Scott, of Inline Design Photo, including a 13” x 19” Luster print from the session (winner will choose the photo to be printed from about 25 low resolution, watermarked proofs).* Plus, the winning photo will be published on the front cover of the 2020 Speaking of Dogs Rescue calendar. (Total prize value: $400)
- Second prize is the photo entry printed on a set of 4 coasters and mouse pad, plus a Speaking of Dogs prize pack. The photo entry will be published on the back cover of the 2020 Speaking of Dogs Rescue calendar** and the entrant will receive 1 copy of such calendar, once available. (approx. value $100)
- Third prize is the photo entry printed on a mug and mouse pad. The photo entry will be featured in a summer month within the 2020 Speaking of Dogs Rescue calendar** and the entrant will receive 1 copy of such calendar, once available. (approx. value $70)
- No cash equivalent will be offered for any prize.
- Each entrant is only eligible to win one prize.
- Applicable prizes will be shipped to the winners by Canada Post.
- Calendars will be sent separately from the rest of the prizes once available, expected around December 2019.
- Your non-refundable entry fee of $10 per photo or 3 for $25 must be paid within 24 hours of submitting photos.
- Entries will only be accepted via our web form specified.
- There will be NO tax receipt issued for entry fees.
Important Dates and Additional Details
- The opening date for this contest is July 7th, 2019 12:01 EDST.
- The closing date for this contest is July 29th, 2019 11:59 EDST.
- Winners will be notified by email by August 11th, 2019.
- The winners’ names, along with their winning photos, will be announced publicly on our website, in our newsletter and on social media platforms, after the winners have been notified.
- Speaking of Dogs Rescue reserves the right to cancel this contest at any stage, at its absolute discretion.
- Speaking of Dogs Rescue reserves the right to decide not to publish any of the winning photographs at all.
- Speaking of Dogs Rescue takes your privacy seriously and will not share any entrant personal information with outside parties other than winners’ names and photos on our own web site and social media platforms
- The rules of this contest are subject to the laws of Canada.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Further details concerning the contest can be found by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The winner will be able to select their print from about 25 low resolution watermarked proofs. There are no print size substitutions; however additional print sizes (12×18’s, 8×10’s and 5×7’s) are available at EXTRA cost to the winner. 10% of print sales will be donated back to Speaking of Dogs Rescue. Digital photos are NOT available with this offer.
** Photo size in calendar will be determined by the designer of the calendar