Speaking of Dogs Pup-arazzi “Fall”
You are invited to submit a ‘Fall’ themed photograph of a dog or dogs to this competition for a chance to win one of the prizes below.
A panel of 3 judges will select the winning photographs based on composition, clarity, lighting, creativity, and humour. The 1st place winner will choose from grand prize A or B detailed below, the 2nd place winner will receive the grand prize not chosen by the 1st place winner and the 3rd place will receive the runner up prize.
The entry fee is $10 per photo or $25 for 3 photos submitted. Payment can be made via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or credit card via the link on the payment details page only. Payment details are at www.speakingofdogs.com/contestpayment.
The contest runs from October 2nd, 2020 12:01 EDST to October 18th, 2020 11:59 EDST
Grand Prize A – A 1 hour dog portrait session in the GTA by Inline Design Photo. The session includes one 11” x 14” lustre print.
Grand Prize B – A personalized pet portrait, acrylic on canvas 80×60 cm or 60×80 cm by Aga Silverthorne.
Runner Up – Peggy Kry prize pack including 2 framed prints and 2 sets of handmade earrings.
Full prize details below.
Photo Contest Rules of Entry
- Your entry must be your own original work (i.e. the photo was taken by you).
- A maximum of 3 photos at once can be entered per person. If you want to submit additional photos, then an additional (separate) entry will need to be submitted.
- Photos must be sent in full size and should be no smaller than 1 MB. (If taking the photo with a phone or tablet, do not resize it.)
- Your entry should contain images of dogs or puppies only, with a theme of ‘Fall’.
- More than one dog in the picture is permitted.
- Your photo entry should not include the image of any person or any representation of a person. Any entry that includes any such image, whether intended or otherwise, shall be deemed void and will be excluded from the contest without further notice or correspondence being entered into by Speaking of Dogs.
- Photos with choke chains, prong collars or shock collars will automatically be disqualified.
- No entry will be valid should it be considered as inappropriate or hateful.
- You confirm that you will not submit your entry into any other photographic contest for at least 2 years after the closing date.
- You confirm that your entry has not previously won a prize in any other photographic contest.
- You confirm that your entry does not infringe on the rights of any other person.
- If your entry is one of the winning photographs, you agree to grant Speaking of Dogs Rescue a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish and exhibit your photo entry on the Speaking of Dogs website, and other media such as our online newsletter and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- With regret, it will not be possible to return your photo entry once submitted.
- Speaking of Dogs will appoint an impartial panel of judges to select the winning photographs. The decision of the judges will be final.
- Each photo will be judged based on composition, clarity, lighting, creativity, and humour.
Grand prize A (Total prize value $350)
A 1 hour dog portrait session in the GTA provided by Inline Design Photo, including a 11” x 14” luster print from the session.
- The winner will be able to select their print from about 25 low resolution watermarked proofs.
- There are no print size substitutions; however additional print sizes (20″ x 24″, 16″ x 20″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 14″, 8″ x 10″, 5″ x 7″) are available at EXTRA cost to the winner.
- 10% of any additional print sales will be donated back to Speaking of Dogs Rescue.
- Digital photos are NOT available with this offer.
- The dog portrait session will be valid for one calendar year, starting the date that the winner is notified by SODR. However, if the winner contacts Inline Design Photo within a month of the announcement, they will have 15 months with which to schedule their session
- Prize can be transferable provided all other conditions are met.
Grand prize B (Total prize value $250)
A personalized pet portrait, acrylic on canvas, 80×60 cm or 60×80 cm by Aga Silverthorne.
- High resolution colour digital image required, which can be sent by email.
- Will take 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
Runner up prize (Total prize value $70)
A Peggy Kry prize pack including 2 framed prints and 2 sets of handmade earrings.
- No cash equivalent will be offered for any prize.
- Each entrant is only eligible to win one prize.
- Delivery of the prizes will be included.
- Your non-refundable entry fee of $10 per photo or 3 for $25 must be paid within 24 hours of submitting photos.
- Entries will only be accepted via our web form specified.
- There will be NO tax receipt issued for entry fees.
Important Dates and Additional Details:
- The opening date for this contest is October 2nd, 2020 12:01 EDST.
- The closing date for this contest is October 18th, 2020 11:59 EDST.
- Winners will be notified by email by October 26th, 2020.
- The winners’ names, along with their winning photos, will be announced publicly on our website, in our newsletter and on social media platforms, after the winners have been notified.
- Speaking of Dogs Rescue reserves the right to cancel this contest at any stage, at its absolute discretion.
- Speaking of Dogs Rescue reserves the right to decide not to publish any of the winning photographs at all.
- Speaking of Dogs Rescue takes your privacy seriously and will not share any entrant’s personal information with outside parties other than winners’ names and photos on our own web site and social media platforms.
- The rules of this contest are subject to the laws of Canada.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Further details concerning the contest can be found by contacting: email@example.com
By clicking here and completing the entry form, you are confirming that you have understood and agree to be bound by the rules of this contest. Clicking on AGREE will take you to the entry form.