STEP UP FOR THE PUPS – May 29th 2022
Two years ago we created the STEP UP FOR THE PUPS event due to the pandemic. Even though most COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, we’ve decided to hold this successful fundraising event again this year, to raise funds for the medical care of dogs in our foster programs!
Participate by walking on the day yourself or with others, or pledge your support for one of our participants!
We hope you will join us in the Step Up For The Pups fundraiser by participating on May 29 or by donating to/sponsoring our efforts. We’d be extremely grateful for any support you can offer, and so would our dogs.
Walk your way: Participants can do things their way! Walk, jog, dance or simply sashay about and help dogs in need. Count your steps, keep track of distance traveled or not, whatever works for you!
How it works:
- Let friends and family know how to pledge/sponsor you
- Step Up on May 29
Choose your location: Choose your house, back yard, balcony or around your neighbourhood. Please comply with any physical distancing directives that may be in effect in your area.
Click on these links for Complete Details:
How to set up your fundraising page
Compete for great prizes:
Most Money Raised
- $100 restaurant gift card, Speaking of Dogs Rescue (SODR) tote and USB stick will be awarded to the participant who raises the most money!
- $50 restaurant gift card, SODR tote and USB stick will be awarded to the person who raises the second highest amount of money!
- $25 restaurant gift card, SODR tote and USB stick will be awarded to the person who raises the third highest amount of money!
- These winners will be determined from the Canada Helps personal fundraising page as at 7 p.m. (EDT) May 29, and by e-transfers to Speaking of Dogs Rescue Program by 7 a.m. May 30
- A $25 PetSmart gift card and a Speaking of Dogs Rescue tote bag will be awarded to the participant with the most steps!
- Only steps taken on Sunday May 29th until 7pm (EDT) will be counted.
- Take a screen shot or photo of your step-counting app, Fitbit, smartwatch or pedometer at or before 7pm (EDT) on May 29th, then email it to email@example.com with Most Steps in the subject line. Photos must be received no later than 8pm (EDT) May 29th.
- Counting your steps is not mandatory, unless you want to enter the contest
- Distance estimates are not eligible for this prize.
Best Social Media
- A Speaking of Dogs Rescue USB stick and tote bag will be awarded to the participant with the Best Social Media presence!
- On Instagram tag @speakingofdogsrescue in your stories and posts and use the #stepupforthepups2022
- We’re not able to track your Facebook posts, but you can take a screen capture or picture of your post on Facebook or Instagram showing you taking part in the walk and stating that you’re Stepping Up for the Pups for Speaking of Dogs Rescue.
- Send your social media photos to firstname.lastname@example.org . Entries must be received by 8pm (EDT) on May 29th.
Winners will be announced and contacted on Tuesday May 31st