STEP UP FOR THE PUPS – JUNE 13th
Unfortunately, we are in the same place as we were last year when it comes to COVID-19 and our annual fundraising events so we’ve decided to organize our second annual Step Up for the Pups independent walkathon this year. It will take place June 13th and has been designed to comply with physical distancing protocol and at the same time, offer fun contests and flexible ways to participate. Sadly, despite our current unprecedented situation, dogs still become homeless, vulnerable and are put in precarious positions and need us to be there for them; nothing has changed in that regard.
We hope you will join us in the Step Up For The Pups fundraiser by participating on June 13 or by donating to/sponsoring our efforts. We’d be extremely grateful for any support you can offer, and so would our dogs.
Walk your way: Participants can do things their way! Walk, jog, dance or simply sashay about and help dogs in need. Count your steps, keep track of distance traveled or not, whatever works for you!
How it works:
- Let friends and family know how to pledge/sponsor you
- Step Up on June 13
Choose your location: Choose your house, back yard, balcony or around your neighbourhood, as long as you comply with physical distancing directives.
Click on these links for Complete Details:
How to set up your fundraising page
Compete for great prizes:
We have three contests for Step Up For The Pups participants to win great prizes!
Most Money Raised
- A Speaking of Dogs hoodie* and a $25 restaurant gift card will be awarded to the participant who raises the most money!
- This winner will be determined from the Canada Helps personal fundraising page by 8pm (EDT) June 13th.
- A Speaking of Dogs Rescue USB stick and tote bag will be awarded to the participant with the most steps!
- Only steps taken on Sunday June 13th until 8pm (EDT) will be counted.
- Take a screen shot or photo of your step-counting app, Fitbit, smartwatch or pedometer at or before 8pm (EDT) on June 13th, then email it to email@example.com with Most Steps in the subject line. Photos must be received no later than 9pm (EDT) June 13th.
- Counting your steps is not mandatory, unless you want to enter the contest
- Distance estimates are not eligible for this prize.
Best Social Media
- A Speaking of Dogs Rescue USB stick and tote bag will be awarded to the participant with the Best Social Media presence!
- On Instagram tag @speakingofdogs.com in your stories and posts and use the #stepupforthepups2021
- We’re not able to track your Facebook posts, but you can take a screen capture or picture of your post on Facebook or Instagram showing you taking part in the walk and stating that you’re Stepping Up for the Pups for Speaking of Dogs Rescue.
- Send your social media photos to firstname.lastname@example.org . Entries must be received by 9pm (EDT) on June 13th.
Winners will be announced and contacted on Monday June 14th
*Please note that the hoodie is only available in medium, large, extra-large and double extra-large